- This event has passed.
“ Bringing Yachting back to our Yacht Club”
What : First annual BBYC Whale Chase
When : Saturday April 17,
Who : All boats, power and sail, loaded up with family and friends.
- Coffee and pastries at the club 9-10:30.
- Pre-chase briefing (course, winds and current) 10:00 at the BBYC.
- Sailboats and slower power boats start at 11am (use of motors ok).
- Sailboats larger and faster start at noon (use of motors ok).
- Power boats start at 12:30pm and maintain a speed of no more than 6 knots.
- All boats must turn back at exactly 3pm regardless of position on the course.
- All participants must be back at the yacht club by 5pm.
- Drinks in the new Club House starting at 6pm to share your day’s experience.
- Dinner will be serve 7:00pm.
David Hayward will be the point of contact for assigning non-boaters to a boat.