Ballena Bay Yacht Club was founded in 1969 for boaters in picturesque Ballena Isle Marina and residents of the newly built surrounding community. Today we are an all-volunteer, not-for-profit organization with approximately 180 members, the only yacht club on the western side of Alameda, California. From here, our members can easily access the Bay and San Francisco, only 4-1/2 nautical miles away.
We Welcome All Ages and Skill Levels
Whatever your level of boating experience, you’ll find friends and peers at BBYC, from new owners to world cruisers to racers, whether you enjoy power or sailboats. Many call us the friendliest club on the Island. And you don’t even need to own a boat, just have a love for the water!
Enjoy Our Social and Boating Activities
BBYC’s goal is to enhance our members’ and their guests’ boating experiences through a wide range of social and educational activities in an affordable setting. We offer:
- Cruise-outs to other Bay Area yacht clubs
- Saturday night dinners
- Expert educational talks and demos
- Dance parties with live bands or DJs
- Theme parties to celebrate holidays and events
- Daily Members only Happy Hour Discounts
- High-Speed WiFi Internet @the Club & Around the Marina
- Multiple Giant HD Flat Screen TVs
- Movie Screen & HD Video Projector
- Touch Screen Jukebox, Darts, Bartop Video Games
- Self-Service sign-in Kiosk & name-tag Printing
- Fully Stocked bar w/ a wide range of beverages from bottled beer to top shelf & rare liquors
- Dance Floor w/ Disco Lighting & Great Sound System
- We accept ALL Credit/Debit cards, Cash of course & Apple/Samsung Tap-n-pay
- All NEW- Monthly Automated Member account billing – for dues, bar tabs, meals & invoices.
- NEW Online portal to purchase Tickets, Meals, Events & Reservations
Popular annual events include New Year’s Day “Around the Island”, Crab Feed, St. Patrick’s Day, Cinco de Mayo, the Island Party, Oktoberfest, Halloween and much more.
Like to get all dressed up? We do that. Like to occasionally just hang out at the bar or on the patio? We do that too. Like to travel? BBYC is an accredited member of the Pacific Inter-Club Yacht Association (P.I.C.Y.A.) which conveys reciprocal privileges at other yacht clubs around the world.
Our clubhouse is right on the water at the C Dock of Ballena Isle Marina. The full bar (with TV, comfortable seating area, fireplace, wi-fi access, ice machine, darts and dance floor) opens to the east while the dining room faces west and enjoys sunset water views of the USS Hornet and the San Francisco skyline. Our outside patio on the east side faces the marina. A corner of the dining room is set off by large couches, focused on a 60” flat screen TV surrounded by shelves loaded with lending library books and DVD movies for members to enjoy. BBYC utilizes its complete and fully stocked kitchen for dinners and parties. Members and community organizations can rent the facilities when not in use for club activities.