To all BBYC Members:
I heard from several members the original schedule for our South Beach Cruise Out posed conflicts for many interested people. Concerns included not being able to have dinner at the South Beach Yacht Club which only serves dinner on Friday and Saturday nights; some not interested in attending the Giants game on Monday; some not able to stay until July 5th; some expressed a desire to attend the Farmer's Market at the Ferry Building on Saturday.
I spoke with both South Beach Harbor and South Beach Yacht Club and they have been willing to make the following changes:
1) Dates have been changed to arriving on Saturday, July 1st and departing on Tuesday, July 4th. Check in time is Noon, check out at 11:00 am. If someone wishes to stay an extra day, that can be arranged with the Harbor staff once you arrive.
2) We will have a group dinner on Saturday night at the South Beach Yacht Club. Reservations at 6:30 pm. If you plan to join the group for dinner I need your commitment by Sunday, June 25th. This includes anyone planning on driving to South Beach and joining the group for dinner. The number of advanced commitments will determine which menu we will be given to select and how large a group we can have.
3) The SBYC does not serve dinner on Sunday. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance of the Harbor. I will be happy to coordinate another group dinner for Sunday night if people are interested--please let me know when you confirm your spot for the Cruise Out.Drive-In cruisers are also welcome.
4) We can still get tickets to the Giants' game on Monday night, July 3rd, for anyone interested---either in the bleachers ($35.00 ea.) or at the Club Level Patio Tables in Section 231 ($64.00 ea. which includes a $12.00 credit for food/beverage); please let me know by Friday, June 22nd, if you are interested in going to the game and the number/kind of tickets you would like. BBYC members who are driving over can join us for the game, but need to specify their ticket needs by next Friday.
4) There will be fireworks at Oracle Park following the game on Monday night which will be visible from the marina as well as from inside the ball park.
Sorry for any confusion. Let me know if you have any questions. If I missed sending this to anyone, please pass it on.
Destination: SOUTH BEACH YACHT CLUB/ Date: July 1-4
SOUTH BEACH MARINA
MARINA ADDRESS: PIER 40 The Embarcadero
OFFICE: 415-495-4911 (Pallavi Talwar, Linda Green)
YACHT CLUB: 899 2nd St.
GENERAL MGR: Kristi Neff
PORT CAPT: Bill Adams
FEES: $10.00 non-refundable service fee to reserve slip; $1.25/foot/night includes
power & water at slip. SBM requires single credit card payment for slip fees. JEFF GRAY will provide CC payment to SBM, all participants pay him cash/check for slip fees AND
NOTE: Any cancellation less than 1 week before reservation will require payment of 50% of total slip fee.
FOOD/BEV: Still working with SBYC on availability of clubhouse for restaurant and/or bar
during visit. Note: this is a Sunday-Wednesday over 4th of July.
APPROACH: Entrance: 37° 46.9N, 122° 23.1W (North entrance)
37° 46.68N, 122° 23.14W (South entrance)
On Monday evening, July 3rd, the Giants host Seattle Mariners in game
at Oracle Park (immediately south of the Marina). Fireworks are
scheduled following the game. We can get a group of tickets to the game
($20-$35 range). Please let Jeff Gray know AS SOON AS POSSIBLE if
interested in game to reserve seats.
City of SF has scheduled fireworks on July 4th near Marina Green (4.5 miles away).
SIGN UP: Deadline is 6/10/23
We have reserved and paid the deposit for 5 slips, with possibility of 5 more.
Max slip length is 50’, may have two larger end-ties available.
Please contact JEFF GRAY as soon as possible to reserve one of the slips. You can email at Jeffgray96@yahoo.com.
Please provide name & contact info, dates you plan to be there, boat name as well as Length, Beam
and Draft. If you do not have boat and want to crew or prefer to drive in, and/or
attend the game please let him know.